Monday, December 10, 2012

Cover art for book

Here's something I didn't know--cover art for e-books needs to be more simple and uncluttered than print books. For Who Killed My Boss? I wanted a carriage house on the cover. I have a particular carriage house in mind. It's in Quincy, where the story takes place. The protagonist lives in the carriage house behind the owner's mansion. Those of you from Quincy can picture many such set-ups. Our town has a wonderful abundance of beautiful old homes, many of them with carriage houses. My publisher said when (if) we go to print after the e-version, we can discuss a more detailed cover. For now, she had me look at all the online best sellers with female sleuths. I did and really noticed the difference. Many of them have a few abstract curlicues behind the title and that's it. Others do have less abstract art, but almost all of them are simple. More later about my writing adventure. I'm excited. (And need to get more done on the second in the series--Any Meat in That Soup?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just put you on my bar & am looking forward to reading what you write.
Linda

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks. Here's hoping its published in the spring.