Tuesday, September 19, 2017

9/12 Day 5, To the Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher

Day 5 of our Celtic Adventure

Omigod. I can't even....

Where to start, where to continue, and where to end...

I mean this day was un-freakin'-believable from start to finish. Nan used one of my hats because it was windy and rainy; the weather made the day even more exciting. The pictures are mostly from the drive on the bus from Galway to Doolin, where we took the boat out to the Isle of Inishere.

















I took many pictures of the ride there, but didn't take many on the boat itself. It was so very windy and rainy and crazy on the boat that I just held on. Nan took some and I'll insert them when I can. The picture right above this is a road and fences on the Isle of Inisheer. The smallest of the Aran Islands, Inisheer offered some great views and a good pub.

On the way back to Doolin, about half of our fellow bus people opted not to sail under the Cliffs of Moher because of how rough the water was. Nan and I were adventurous and went. The bad news is I have no pictures of the glorious sight. Holding on for dear life, I was. And I'm afraid Nancie has an even sadder tale to tell.

No comments: