Monday, March 30, 2020

3/30/20 What I've been up to. Not much.

3/29/20 Day 15 of being Artist-in-Residence. “Went” to Mass online. Spent time interacting with some friends through text and FB Messenger. Then worked some more with Sam and George, et al. Writing is a good way for me to spend time, but I’m just doing a little bit. Outside twice. Once to pick up mail from yesterday, and second time to pick up the material left for me to cut for masks for local healthcare workers. It will be nice to have a job since I don’t have any referrals for Monday. 


3/28 Day 14 of being Artist-in-Residence. Can’t believe it’s been two weeks. For the first time I’m wondering how long I’ll be here alone. Not even complaining. Just wondering. I decide that today is going to be a day with words. I will read some of the book from my book club, and I will work on Where’s My Passport? This is my 9th book, and for various reasons it’s taken me more than a year to write. It’s not that I’m not interested in it, I am. Just had excuses. Right now I’m trying to keep Sam and George (and a few other people) safe after a friend was kidnapped (killed?) in Ireland. Keep your fingers crossed that our heroes survive. They haven’t told me yet if they do or don’t.

Tonight several family members met on FB Messenger and as usual I laughed a lot, even when my nephew was making fun of me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

3/27 Day 13 of being Artist-in-Residence. Had coffee with Dana and Gretchen again. How could I even get through this without my friends. Took the day off from work. Slept a lot. My life is good even though I’m alone. 

3/26 Day 12 of being Artist-in-Residence. I am so lucky that my job was work-from-home even before the coronavirus. I’m also lucky that I have three wonderful pets to keep me company. As a flaming extravert, it becomes difficult to always be alone. Thank God for the internet and videoconferencing. Did another workshop, attended by about 60 more people, and had a few counseling sessions as well. Then had a consultation with a colleague. Lots of work. My sister Jan picked up my dog Gus in the morning, to keep him for a few days. He’s not getting enough exercise with me since my back surgery has been postponed and it’s difficult to walk any distance with him. Poor dude. But he’ll have a ball at Jan and Tim’s house. He and their dog Rocky enjoy each other’s company and they have a fenced in yard. Gus will be able to run, so even though I’ll miss him, he will be quite happy. Oh, and I’m going to start cutting material for masks. I don’t have a sewing machine, but I can sure cut. My daughter Jill called, but I was in the middle of work and could only say “Hi/Bye.” Love you, Jill.

I worked until 6:30 PM and remembered why I’d retired. My butt was tired. 

3/25 Day 11 of being Artist-in-Residence
I talked with another BFF, Nancie, via FaceTime, yesterday morning. Such a nice way to start the day--with laughter and a dear friend. Later in the day my niece Sarah, used FB Messenger and connected so I could talk to 1 year old AJ. She and AJ were both bored, and it was a delight to be able to try to entertain my sweet great-niece.
I did several counseling sessions in the afternoon, joined an online book club with friends, and in the evening caught up with Ru Paul’s Drag Race. Don't judge. I love it.

3/24 Day 10 of being an Artist-in-Residence: There is life out there. Here’s how I know. People answer my texts and emails.; 100 people attended an online workshop I did; when I walked Gus there were two other neighbors out with their dogs; and I took Gus with me to a drive through pharmacy and I saw people all over the place, without getting out of my car. But the best of all was I had coffee in the morning via FB Messenger with Dana and Gretchen. What a delightful way to start the morning. Then around dinner time my daughter Jill and I had a video chat. And by the way, naps are my friend. Yes, plural. NAPS. I’m loving it. Oh, after dinner I had a video chat with my sisters which caused a lot of laughter. Then my ex-daughter-in-law called (still my daughter). What a busy and wonderful day!



No comments: