Thursday, October 21, 2004

10/21 Better News

John is doing much better. The angioplasty was successful and he won't have to have surgery. Jill is driving from LA to Fresno anyway and will spend a few days there. (4-year old Kayla explained this last sentence to me over the phone. The kids seem to really understand why Mom is going and Dad is staying home and watching them.)

So I'm very happy that things are working out for John and his family.

This episode has made me even more committed to my health program. I joined Weight Watchers Online and in 8 weeks (tomorrow) have lost 16 pounds. I'm so pumped by that. And I will keep it up (said to convince myself).

Just came from Q-Doba where I ordered a naked vegetarian taco salad. I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Gretchen. GOOD FOR YOU for losing the weight. Awesome job!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Gretchen. I've been thinking about you, and how supportive you were when I was a bit lonely in the UK. Jer

Bron said...

yay for Jer... see I can be supportive toO!! ;)

BRON
x

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

As of today, my official weigh-in day--I'm down two pounds this week for a total of 17. Hooray! Jer (thanks for the supportive note, Bron.) :)