Saturday, October 18, 2008

10/18 A good day

I went to the Hannibal Folk Life Festival with Jane and Sarah. We met Jan and Kristen there. It was really fun. Jane made me take my walking sticks, and I'm so grateful she did. There was a lot of walking and it was painful after a while. So it was a good idea.

The day was super. After Hannibal we drove through Pike County to see the leaves. They weren't at peak yet, but it was still a lovely drive. We stopped in Barry to look at some crafts and we ran into Joe and Cindy--a really nice surprise. Then we drove on to Pittsfield where I bought two cool things for my back yard. Can't wait for spring to come so I can display them. :)

Then Jane, Sarah, Pete and I went to Cassano's for a quick dinner. Yum.

Now I'm home with sweet Gussie and Bozie and will have a very quiet night. Tomorrow I have to work all day on the class for Wednesday night. Love to all.

5 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Thanks Jane for making mom bring her walking sticks... notice a pattern.. It is not a habbit yet to bring them with you mom, but you have been very happy to use them when they are with you. I'm glad that you had them for all that walking. Love you and continue to take care of yourself.

Kelly said...

I really wanted to get to Hannibal or the fall color drive. I haven't done either since Noah was a baby. If we didn't have soccer smack dab in the middle of the day both days, I'd probably do it. Glad you guys had a great time.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It really was fun, Kelly. Maybe next year you can make it.

And Jill, you've been right an awful lot lately. Ever notice that? :)

Anonymous said...

Imagine my shock to see you, Jane and Sarah walking in the street right in front of us in BARRY>>>>it was so weird. Good to see you guys, and that Jane was feeling better...he talked Pete's ear off about her b/c he was so worried on Friday.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It was really fun seeing you guys.