Saturday, June 08, 2013

The result will be worth it

The day looks perfect, but before I can enjoy it, there are "chores" to do. First I have to do at least one load of laundry so I have clothes to wear. I haven't done laundry since last Thursday, and was at the Avon Breast Cancer Walk last weekend. When I got home Monday I was exhausted, and remained so all week.

But today, today is different. Gus and I will go to the office for a while so I can catch up on paperwork. Then, with those two chores completed, you can find us sitting outside--maybe Panera, maybe Starbucks. They both are close to my home. Depends on whether I want to be in the sun or not. And I'll write and write and write and write.

My goal is to complete Reality Is Murder before my knee replacement on July 10. Then I'll use the six/seven week recuperation period to work on the second Sam Darling mystery. Although I don't look forward to the surgery and the rehab, I look forward to having uninterrupted writing time.

And no knee pain.

No comments: