Tuesday, December 18, 2007

12/18 Good, bad, sad

The good is I'm just about done with my Christmas shopping. Also, it's good that I'm leaving in a few days for Christmas with Rob and Beata.

The bad is that I was in meetings all day and didn't get any real work done. Am too tired to do any tonight.

The sad is that Dan Fogelberg died. I fell in love with his music (and him) in 1978. The first album I bought was the one he did with Tim Weisberg--Twin Sons of Different Mothers. It remains one of my favorites, even though it's mostly instrumental.

He wrote one of the most romantic songs of all times--Longer Than...
(Sorry, I know I don't have all the words right.)

Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens
I've been in love with you.

I'll bring fire in the winter
You'll send showers in the spring
We'll climb through the falls and summers
With love on our wings

Taller than any mountain cathedral
Truer than any tree ever grew
Deeper than any forest primeval
I've been in love with you

No comments: