Thursday, July 17, 2008

7/17 Lots of GREAT news

I took Gus outside at 6 AM as always and thought, "Something's different." And it was--I was totally pain free for the first time in almost four months. It felt weird at first.

After my shower, when I started moving around a lot more, little pains came back--but if my worst back pain was a 10, this is a 2 or so. Nothing that will stop me from doing anything.

I actually wanted to call in sick and clean my house. The house is the worst it's ever been in my life. So I'm anxious to rectify that, but the prospect of doing it all is daunting--therefore it's going to be one room at a time.

The TAB (talented arrogant bastard who did my procedure--no names) said it may last for hours, days, weeks or even months. But he was really negative about the ultimate success. Guess what? I wanted to slap him but didn't let him drag me down. He also acted like all my answers were wrong. "If I do this with your leg, it's supposed to hurt. But it hurts when I do this, and it's not supposed to." That kind of thing. I know he had to give a negative spin on the ultimate success so as to not get my hopes up, but still....

Anyway he's talented. And I feel really really good, and am incredibly grateful.

Thanks so much for all your support and love.

AND--I'm getting Gus's brother. Yep. He's the last one in the litter and they don't want to advertise and they just want to be done with puppies. So I said I'd take him if he was free. And he is. :) I get him today. Anyone in the family want to steal him?

4 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

I'm so glad it is working for you. I'm wishing you long continued success with it so that the worst paid does not return. I know you want your house back in order, but do still take it a little easy and as you said, one room at a time and it will get done. Love you tons!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, sweetie. It was good to talk to you this morning. Love you.

Kelly said...

I'm glad to hear your back is doing better. I can just hear Beth struggling with the answer to your last question. :)
Heck I'm halfway contemplating it myself.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

His name is Snickers. He has all the colors of that exquisite treat. Jane said, "If we don't take him, maybe Beth will." :) But I think Sarah will talk her parents into it. (She named him.)