Thursday, November 10, 2005

11/10 Somewhere else--

I'm not going to the Gulf after all, I'm going to Miami to work to work in the aftermath of Hurricane Wilma. And surprisingly enough, it's a hardship tour, meaning I'll most likely stay in a shelter. I was told I couldn't bring my laptop, and that I should bring my sleeping bag and mat. So I'll take the big old duffel bag that I take to the Avon walk. Plus I have to bring lots of other little "stuff" like flashlights, insect repellant, etc. Wonder if I'll have any room for clothes? The nice thing is that it'll be 80 degrees and we are allowed to wear shorts if the conditions allow. And T-shirts.

I'm flying there on Saturday, November 12 and coming back Monday, November 28...all the flights home were full until then. As it is I'll fly from Miami to Dallas and then to Milwaukee--the scenic route.

Since I won't have computer access, or will have it infrequently, I'll have to email the blog info with my phone and then will ask a volunteer to post it here for me. That'll be the easiest way for my family and friends to know what I'm up to. Or not.

I'm psyched, and ready to start packing. Unfortunately I have tons of work to do here at the office, and laundry to do at home. But I'm smiling.

2 comments:

anne frasier said...

jer, that is so cool!
i can't wait to read your miami blog!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Anne. I'm trying to figure out how to do it while there. I really want to update every day if at all possible. Jer