Sunday, December 11, 2005

12/11 Richard Pryor, CSz and Channel 12

While working at CSz last night I heard that Richard Pryor died earlier in the day. I felt sad, thinking about his groundbreaking work and also his struggle with MS.

Well, Channel 12 came to ComedySportz last night to interview comics about Richard Pryor's death. There wasn't one player in the place who did stand-up. They were all on remotes (private parties, etc.), and none of the new players did stand-up. So they interviewed Dick and ME! Yep. Dick said, "Jer, you're a stand-up comic. We'll have them interview you."
So, along with my boss, I appeared on the local ABC news last night. It was so cool, and really made me feel like a professional comic. I said something like, "Although my humor is different than his, I think Richard Pryor, with his risk-taking and creativity, paved the way for all of us to be able to express ourselves comedically." And they accidentally had me at a good angle where I didn't look fat. I loved that a lot.

2 comments:

Bron said...

get that interview online - let's see it!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

A friend was supposed to tape it for me. He's at the UN now so I haven't emailed him about it. (Yep, I know someone giving training at the UN. Makes me cool by proxy.)