Thursday, December 29, 2005

12/29 Doesn't look good!

No frequent flyer flights available. (I love alliteration. You?) A regular flight costs more than $500. And even the train is jacked up to $200. Drat holiday inflation!

So it's pretty darn positive that I won't be going home for New Year's. Haven't heard back from my brother in Aurora, so that avenue doesn't look good either.

I have tons of things to accomplish at home (Milwaukee, not Quincy), so a long weekend here will be a good thing. I'm just a spoiled brat and want what I want when I want it. Veruca Salt is my hero.

2 comments:

anne frasier said...

jer, i always run into the same problem with my frequent flyer miles. no seats. and the same problem trying to visit burlington, iowa. too close to fly; too far to drive.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I can almost always get flights to LA or NY for free, and sometimes St. Louis. But I think I've only gotten one free flight to Quincy.