Sunday, November 02, 2008

11/2 Poor Gus (again)

His "cherry eye" is back, and both eyes are just oozing gunk. I know it's not contagious, but poor little guy looks awful. He's the cutest dog I've ever had, and right now he doesn't look like it.

I feel so bad for him. But I hope it's still there tomorrow so I can take him in for surgery. If it goes away again, we'll have to wait until it reappears.

Poor guy. He's scratching at it by rubbing his head on the carpet, but his great spirit remains. He's friendly and fun, so I'm grateful for that.

I'm a lucky bug.

Oh, and Kayla's ankle is fine. She was only on crutches for three days, and did play soccer this weekend. How wonderful that the damage wasn't great and that she recuperated quickly. What a cutie pie.

More good news--I have Chicago for my fantasy football team and they started today with a sack AND an interception and resulting touchdown. That sure makes me smile.

I'm working on my class in my office while the game is playing about two feet away from me. A good afternoon.

Sure wish someone in the family was going out to eat this evening though--oh, and that they would ask me to join them. Anyone? Bueller?

3 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Poor Gus, hopefully you can get it taken care of soon for him.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Kayla is better and back to competing on the soccer field.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yep, good news on Kayla...and will post more news on Gus.