Tuesday, November 04, 2008

11/4 Vote

I cried when I voted today. Everyone knows I'm an Obama supporter, but no matter who wins, this is a momentous day and a momentous election. We're lucky.

To lighten things up a bit, listen to this video--especially if you enjoy Les Miserables. This happens to be my favorite song from that musical, but it's set in Obama headquarters the day before the election. Jan, I know you'll like it since you love the musical as much as I do.



Thanks to my friend, Nancie, for this video!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is incredible to be able to vote isn't it? I love the freedom of it..I love that I don't have to agree with you or anyone else..even my beautiful kids...I love that having voted I can crab if the 'government' does screwy stuff. I love that since I work for local government I feel I have to be a steward for taxpayers and that I can expect the same from office holders I vote for. We are SO blessed in America, and I love that I am American...even with are faults and flaws, I still love our country.

Anonymous said...

Loved the video and voting, of course.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Amen to that, Cindy.

Jan, I tried playing that video for my class tonight, but the computer there didn't have any sound. Drat.

Anonymous said...

That's great--especially since things turned out so much better for the Obama campaign than for the ill-fated revolutionaries in Les Miserables....