Friday, June 01, 2007

6/1 Hurricane Season and the Avon Breat Cancer Walk

The Atlantic Hurricane Season begins today. And so what did I do? Leave town.

My flight didn't get into Chicago until 9:30. My cab driver was a doll. From Iran and close to my age. He had a brochure in his car for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. How cool.

By the time I got to the hotel the other five gals were in fine form. Not from drinking (although a few of them had hoisted a couple of brews), but just from being silly. I knew this was going to be a fun weekend.

We're calling Beth and Kris (my nieces) Avon Virgins since it's their first walk. We're also trying to come up with a funny, catch name for our "team," but most of the good names have been taken. We've seen some doozies over the years.

Went to sleep finally after midnight. I woke up at 6:45 and showered--a late morning since Q wasn't sleeping with me. I shared a room with Jane and Deb. Deb's in the shower now and Jane is still sleeping. Jane brought some great ear plugs for me and I slept like a baby. Hope my snoring didn't keep either of them awake.

We'll breakfast here at the hotel, then it's off to the designer outlet mall. We plan on lunch at the Red Tavern, which is where we always eat when we're at this mall in Aurora. After lunch we'll make our way to the hotel where "Event Eve" will be held. It's near O'Hare I think. And we'll stay there tonight because we have meetings there this evening. Tomorrow we'll head to Soldier Field where the opening ceremonies will take place.

More later. (This will be FUN!)

No comments: