Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3/18 On the truck

Everything is out of my house. Everything, that is, except the tons of dog hair left behind. Oh my. And to my embarrassment, there's plenty of dog hair being transported to Quincy too.

But the wonderful news is that my stuff will be delivered on Friday. Yes, this Friday. My shipment was last on, first off of this truck. I'm beyond pleased. This means I won't have to take a day off from work without pay in order to be there for the delivery. The cable guy is coming Friday too. Other than having a huge mess, I should be good to go. The phone is already turned on, and I'm calling water and electricity tomorrow to get them in my name. Got a text message from my niece Kris today with the necessary phone numbers.

Things are progressing. And I'm anxious to get going. It's going to be hard to leave here, but I can't wait for the next chapter to begin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great you will have your own things so soon, and even better they are not being bounced around on the back of that truck.

Have a great card game...maybe those girls will let you win. Nay, they seem ruthless :-) I know you will have a wonderful, bittersweet time. Tell them hello for me.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the mess when you first move in! You have the rest of your life to make it your home. I tell myself that about my messy house all the time. The main thing is your home and there's no place like home.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Andrea, you made me laugh.

Cindy, everyone said hello back to you. We had such a good time.