Monday, March 24, 2008

3/24 Not unemployed

:) My first day at my new job was today. I think I'm going to love it, but my head is absolutely spinning. There's so much to learn. But it will all come back to me, and I'll settle in rather quickly I think.

The funny thing is that I know so many people there. Worked with many of them years ago at Chaddock, and others I know from activities I was involved in when I lived here.

The dogs had fun at Alpha Dog, but came home muddy because they dug all day. Elizabeth said she went out to stop them at least 10 times today. They were trying to get to some birds. Yay for mud. Thought I left it in Biloxi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I see it, you were never 'unemployed', but just between employers with different needs. Need exists everywhere, and it is good that you have the training to help others in so many ways. I remember that 'overwhelming' first day in ER, when my head hurt with stuffing it with so much knowledge. I was ready to turn and run, but Jane made sure I kept at it, and I don't regret it now and where it lead in my professional life. So keep the 'head spinning', it will keep you young and take you places you've never been.

Kelly said...

I"m glad you enjoyed your first day on the job. I"m sure it was comforting to see so many familiar faces!

Anonymous said...

You can't get away from mud or your friends in MS!!! Sure do miss you

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Of course you're right Cindy. I just was unemployed for a weekend, but not really because I did have a job to go to on Monday.

And Kelly, it's a stitch to be back in Quincy where everyone knows everyone--and their business. :)

Caroline? Genia? Lorena? Don't know who you are but I'm planning to write to you guys because I sure miss you.