Tuesday, June 03, 2008

6/3 I finally will talk about it

Because of my back I need to find a new home for Quincy and Cookie. It breaks my heart, but I have to do it. (Jan and Jane practically threatened my life if I didn't.)

It's true. My back just won't get better with all the tugging and pulling I have to do with my big lovable dogs. I can barely stand to think of it, yet it hurts me physically to deal with them.

Because of the mud outside I've already had to bathe them twice. It's not what I need to be doing.

So if you know of anyone who wants these gorgeous dogs, AND WILL TREAT THEM LIKE FAMILY, please please please let me know.

I love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure this is a difficult decision. I will keep you in my prayers and pray that a home comes up for both of the dogs that will provide half the love you have given them. Maybe you need to post an ad in the paper. I can in the clinic paper if you want. Hang in there.

Kelly said...

I got teary just reading about it. I really wish I knew of someone. I'll keep my ears open

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was a very hard decision to make, but for what it's worth, I think you are making the right choice, both for your own safety and well-being, and for your dogs. They both need so much more room to move around.

Keep your chin up.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, everyone. Jane, I'll send you info for the clinic paper. I'm posting it at work too.