Sunday, June 08, 2008

6/8 Quincy was a star

And she behaved perfectly too. I took her to a sled pull contest at Riverview Park. I must confess that I took her just to watch and to be around other dog people, in case anyone would like to adopt her.

Well, we got talked into her pulling as well. She took to it so well and acted like she loved it. They do a test run first just to see if the dog will allow the harness on and will pull the sled. So she started with just 10 pounds, and it was picture perfect. The next time we put on 20 and the next time 31. I didn't realize that there were only two "real" rounds or I would have had them put more on her final turn. She was exceptional and I was so proud of her.

Jan called later and invited me to dinner, so I went over and joined Jan and Tim, Kris and Brian, and Jane, Pete, and Sarah. The food was superb and we ate out on their huge porch. The weather was perfect.

3 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Sounds like you had a good day.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Jane and Pete are getting out and about and socializing and good to hear you are feeling better too.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, guys. It was indeed a good day. Unfortunately I'm paying for it today. Big time. Had to run kind of bent over in front of Quincy yesterday. (Run is a euphemism for pretending to run.) My back is letting me know I shouldn't have done it. But it was so much fun to share that special time with Q.