Tuesday, July 20, 2004

7/20 You've heard of Dumb and Dumber?

Well, this is boring and boringer. Sunday I did a little around the house, but not much. My foot hurt so badly I just sat a lot of the day with my foot elevated. It's been 2 months since it started hurting, but it gets progressively worse. And no, I didn't write about it because upbeat people like me tend to write about fun stuff and not ow-ees.
 
Monday after work I did some laundry, but other than that, just sat and vegged. So today, in the middle of the work day, I called the walk-in clinic and asked how many people were in line. It's just a few blocks away, and when I heard there were only two people there, I said, "I'll be right over." And the doc said I have plantar fasciatis. Too bad I let it go so long. (Stupid, stupid, girl.) Now the inflammation is so bad that I'm near tears. (Do I hear violins in the background?)
 
I need to buy a brace specifically made for this, and do some exercises. (What! Me exercise?) I need to massage it, by rolling my foot over a golf ball. And if it doesn't get better, then I'll see an orthopedist. I just want someone to knock me out. Booze, pills, boxing match...I don't care. Okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating the pain a bit. Okay, a lot. But it hurts and I want my mommy. I'm nearly 57 years old, my mom's been dead for 24 years, but I still want my mommy.
 
Tonight, I have CSz practice, but I can do that sitting down. Or maybe I'll just go home and try to win the prize as the most boring person in the western hemisphere. It just might happen.

1 comment:

Bron said...

RARGH! Your e-mail wont work! E-mail me your phone number then I can call you when I am free... I really want to come and see a CSz show in milwaukee before tourney, like this friday?