Monday, August 23, 2004

8/23 Damn damn damn

I thought my foot hurt badly before. Just goes to show how wrong I can be.

The picnic yesterday really was fun. Tom did a super job of feeding us. I played volleyball in a sand pit with no ill effects. I fielded in kickball with no ill effects. The when I got up to "bat" I kicked the ball and heard/felt something in my foot pop. I limped the quarter mile back to the picnic site without telling anyone about it. Iced it, ate a quick meal and went home. Was up most of the night because of the pain, and saw a doctor today. The good news is that the xrays were negative. That's also the bad news. He suspects torn tendons. I'm telling God and the universe that the tendons are just pulled, not torn. There's an MRI scheduled for Friday. In the meantime I have to stay off of it as much as possible and keep my foot elevated. At work, I'll do the best I can. I told the doc that at home I'll sit in my recliner and watch the Olympics. If he'd just prescribe that I should have a beer in my hand then I'd be a happy woman.

No comments: