Thursday, May 24, 2007

5/24 It's been rough

It's been a rough few days, but things are looking up. We're re-organizing things, and long story short, some positions are being eliminated. Can't really say more than that, except I'm exhausted. Am working from home tomorrow and I know that will energize me because I'll have Q with me all day. I'll love that.

And, on a completely frivolous note--So You Think You Can Dance begins tonight, and I just love it. There will be no work done from home tonight because our email goes down at 6 PM and won't come back up until early morning. Hooray for that!

Got a haircut today and it improved my mood tremendously. It's amazing what a good haircut can do for a gal.

Will be back to my old self tomorrow. Some of you will be sad to hear that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were called to do your job because you are good at what you do. You're a tough cookie, so I believe you will handle the re-organization with grace.

Anyway, it really is amazing how a mere hair cut or color change can instantly improve one's mood!

Anonymous said...

Somehow, "reorganizations" usually mean layoffs. Not the fun part of your job, I'm sure.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Anon, thanks. Don't know who you are, but thanks.

Dave, it's more than that, but there are some positions being eliminated. It's not for a bad reason, however. The disaster is moving to "long term recovery" which requires a different approach.