Thursday, April 17, 2008

4/17 Good and bad

The good news is that I picked up the girls last night and they were sure glad to be home. Jan stopped by and we walked them for about a mile and a half through and around the college, with just a few squirrel problems.

The bad news is that I was in such pain I could barely walk by the time we were finished. It's no wonder my house is still a wreck as I have trouble bending over, and have trouble standing still. Due to some pain medication I was able to sleep. This morning, I couldn't walk. Well, a little. After a hot shower it was a little better. But even with the pain meds and muscle relaxers things aren't good. I'm pissed off.

My insurance begins May 1, so I'll be able to see a doctor.

6 comments:

Dave said...

Aggh, so sorry for all pain. It's counterintuitive, but when I can't walk because of back problems, the thing tha seems to help the most is walking.

I just had my first cortisone shot ever yesterday. I know it's only a temporary salve, but boy, it feels good to ease the pain!

Kelly said...

Sorry your back is still giving you so much trouble. Back troubles are no fun. Take it easy, May 1st is just around the corner.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Kelly. I'm counting on May hurrying! :)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Dave, my sister has had a cortisone shot for back pain. Said it didn't last long, but for a while it helped immensely. I do a lot of walking at work. My office is at the end of a long hall and I walk to the waiting room to pick up clients and also walk them back when I'm done. Then back to my office for five minutes and repeat the process. I'm wearing a hole in the carpet.

Jill and Todd said...

Just make sure you are wearing good shoes with all that walking :-).

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I think that was one of the problems the other day, Jill. I didn't change my shoes from the flats I wore to work. Never again. I'll always wear walking or running shoes.