Thursday, June 10, 2004

6/10 Quincy to LA

Finished packing and got to the airport at 9:30 for a 10:30 flight. That's the nice thing about a small airport. I could have gotten there 20 minutes before the flight and it would have been fine. It wasn't hard saying good-bye this time since I'll be back for a family reunion in nine days.

The flight was uneventful but the arrival was awesome. "Grandma, you're here. I missed you so much." Quickly followed by lots of hugs and kisses. That alone is worth the trip. Both Kayla and Hunter are the cutest! And my daughter Jill looked beautiful as always.

By the time we'd gotten home from LAX it was dinner time. Todd arrived from work and we enjoyed BLTs (me without the B).

Kayla asked if she could sleep with me every night, so when 8 rolled around, I put her to bed in my room. Since I was still on Central Time, I was tired too, and after checking my email I went to bed too. Kayla was sprawled at the bottom. I replaced her on the top of the bed with her head on the pillow and covered her with a sheet. That lasted a moment or two.

Earlier Jill said that when anyone uses that room Kayla tells them that it's my bed. She once told my ex-husband, "Grandpa, you're sleeping in Grandma's bed." Wonder what his wife thought about that.

No comments: