Tuesday, February 01, 2005

2/1 Happy February!

It's 35 degrees and has been very pleasant. No sun, but warm. Unusual for Wisconsin in February. I think much colder things are in store.

My son Rob and d-i-l Beata are taking a trip to Thailand prior to returning to the states. They're going in March and Bea is absolutely thrilled. Since Rob speaks Thai and knows the country very well, they will have a wonderful time. I'm jealous. Can't wait to see the pictures though.

After that, they should be moving back to the US. It's been two years since the Army told Rob he would be leaving Okinawa. He's been there 8 years I think. I can't wait for them to be closer. I visited there twice, but can't afford to go again.

A year ago I was happily esconced in my little flat in Altrincham, Cheshire, England. I can't believe it's already been a year. As much as I miss the excitement of being in the UK and traveling in Europe, I love being home.

I'm taking a brief break from legislative/regulatory work. It will be such a relief when the new person starts work. Then I can get back to writing/editing and fun stuff like that.

Yeah.

No comments: