Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2/7 I'm stoked!

Tonight is the performance at Giggles, and it will be fun. Last time I performed there, I really enjoyed it, and we all went across the street and sang karaoke afterward. It would be fun to do that again, too.

Last night was good. First was a meeting at ComedySportz with everyone who works in the box office. If you add up the ages of the other five people, the figure comes close to my age. Truth.

Then I went to Slim's to meet with BroadMinded for the first time. Six out of our eight members were able to attend. Over beer and food we all brought our ideas for sketches. Some of them were hilarious. I had one that I loved, and another member is writing the sketch. It's so fun how brainstorming works. One person says an idea, and everyone feeds off of it. Then it becomes something so much better. I love collaboration. This sketch is going to be so much better than my original idea.

We assigned writing to everyone at the table, and we'll meet next week to rehearse a bit at Anne's house.

So HOORAY, I have a date (or dates) for Valentine's day.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Okay, one of these days I'm going to have to take a few days off and drive up from Indiana and catch one of your shows. Sounds like a lot of fun! :) Can I bring a JNEP brochure with me to pass out? lol

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You know I'm one of JNEP's biggest fans, Jeff. Of course you can pass out brochures.