Friday, August 04, 2006

8/4 To Quincy

Friday was busy at the conference, but it ended around 3:30 after all the pictures were taken of the award winners. I was able to leave St. Louis around 4:30 or so, which turned out to be okay. I hit some bad traffic trying to get out of town, but made it to Quincy in about 2 hrs 15 minutes instead of the usual 2 hours.

Jane, Sarah, and Jordan took me out for a birthday dinner. We went to the Abbey and everything tasted great, including the beer I had. Then we went to the movies. The only one we could agree on was You, Me, and Dupree, and about 20 minutes into it the movie fell off the reel and was all over the floor. At least that's what they told us. So everyone got a rain check and we went back to my niece Kris's house where I was staying. Jordan stayed with me since Kris was in St. Louis at a Cardinal's game. She didn't get back until around 2 AM.

I told Jane to go home because I was BEAT! Kris's house is really nice, but her cat makes my allergies crazy. Guess I won't be able to stay there anymore.

I normally stay with one of my sisters, but Jane's husband Pete is on crutches and I didn't want to bother them, and my sister Jan and her husband Tim were at her high school reunion all weekend and I didn't get to see too much of them. They did stop by Kris's on Friday night before going home, so that was nice.

No comments: