Friday, March 16, 2007

3/16 I'm glad it's the weekend

Even though I'm going to put in a few hours tomorrow I'm still glad it's the weekend. Today was just as busy as the others have been.

I took a tour through one of the heavily damaged neighborhoods. There are 200 houses in this neighborhood and we're going to rebuild 175 of them. It's a project that may take up to two years, but we're so excited about it.

Also, I went to Ocean Springs late this afternoon to see Miss Ruby's house. She's an elderly woman who uses a walker and sometimes a wheelchair. Her home was completely destroyed, so we built her a new one from the ground up. Tonight they're having a housewarming for her. I got a sneak preview of her home and it's adorable.

These things make me feel good about what we do.

No comments: