Wednesday, March 05, 2008

3/5 Hancock County LTRC

Today I drove to Bay St. Louis along Beach Boulevard. About an hour drive and one that I used to take twice a week. Today was my last trip to the Hancock County Long Term Recovery Committee as a board member. It was certainly a bittersweet trip. On the south the gorgeous Gulf with the bright sunshine glinting off the waves and the sand. On the north pockets of devastation still lingering but the warm, dry weather brings lots of construction.

It had been more than two weeks since I'd driven the route, and already I can see the difference. It's a wonderful feeling! There's so much yet to do, but I leave that to others. It's out of my hands.

But the meeting was fun, because they had a good-bye cake for me and a thank-you card. It was both humbling and gratifying. I'm really going to miss these people.

No comments: