Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4/29 Home at last

It's wonderful sitting here with my two dogs at my feet. Snoring. Yep. They are both so tired from being at Alpha Dog for five days. I'm just glad to be here with them.

But I definitely miss the SoCal lifestyle. It was such a wonderful weekend. And my friends are the best! Plus, what an added treat to get to spend time with Jill, Kayla, and Hunter. I am indeed a lucky bug.

The weekend was a delight from start to finish. And flying home from California I sat next to a woman who currently lives in Bangladore, India with her husband. She asked me where I lived and I said, Illinois. She said, Not Quincy by any chance?

My jaw dropped. She and her family lived here for 8 or 9 years in the 80s. She loved reminiscing about the city, and said she still missed it. What a neat coincidence.

Work was a little slower today so I was able to get some of my paperwork done. Whew, what a relief.

And Pete gets to go home from the hospital on Friday. Another relief.

No comments: