Thursday, June 23, 2005

6/23 In LA

Boy oh boy am I tired. After about 3 hours of sleep I woke up at 3 AM this morning to catch a 5:50 AM flight. Slept on part of the first leg, and part of the second. On the second leg, from Dallas to Burbank CA, I was bumped to first class, and sat two rows behind Jennifer Love Hewitt. She was absolutely adorable. And very sweet as well. I didn't speak to her, but other people did and she was quite gracious.

When I arrived, there was the usual rush of pure joy as Kayla and Hunter ran toward me screaming, "Grandma! Grandma!" Is there anything more wonderful?

And then of course my own darling, Jill. She just gets more and more beautiful. We stopped for lunch at an Olive Garden in Burbank because the kids love the area...lots of things to play on outside, plus they love the chocolate mint Andes everyone gets at the end of the meal.

Now we're at their house. They got their presents I brought and are now napping. Jill's at the store ordering Hunter's birthday cake for Saturday. Todd's on the couch with a virus. I'm wearing garlic around my neck and have a cross and a silver bullet so I don't catch it. No sense taking chances.

No comments: