Wednesday, January 12, 2005

1/12 Stress overload

My eyes look like I've been crying. But it's from staring at the computer looking at legislative databases for the US and Canada, and also for several states. Have to finish up some research for a Sales Meeting this afternoon.

If that were all, it would be cool. But I'm behind on the Journal, still haven't sent out release forms to the authors, still need to get digital photos from them, and I've only edited one piece so far.

What's taking me so long is that the authors this time aren't familiar with APA formatting for their references, and I'm having to do it for all of them. (I mean, I can't force people to buy the Style Guide, and it's too late for me to find other articles.) Perhaps I'll be more strict next issue.

Aw, hell, who am I kidding? I'll do it again, if it happens. And I won't complain except for here--where I'll display my martyrdom. (I'm chuckling, because a martyr is far from who I am.)

Even though there's tons of boredom involved in this research, it's also extremely interesting. And I like taking the info and writing up the executive summaries for the Sales Team.

I did finalize the I.F. newsletter and it's gone to the printer. That's good. Now I must update the website newsletters, with some actual news pertaining to their particular subjects. Which means I need to read the pile of 23 magazines and journals piled on the floor next to my desk. Even though it sounds tedious, I love reading and gleaning the appropriate material for our customers.

It's just too bad that I have so much work waiting in the wings.

Okay, I'm done complaining. Lucky to have a job that I love. Lucky to have a job period.

Lunchtime is over...I spilled applesauce on my sweater. That's my secret signal to myself to get back to work.

No comments: