Wednesday, April 06, 2005

4/6 Put Exciting Headline Here!

I'm an editor by virtue of interest, talent, and history (my dad was a printer). But by education I'm a trauma social worker and trainer. So I have so much to learn about journalism. For example, I know who, what, where, when and why. So my articles are fine. (And well edited, I might add.) But I suck at writing headlines.

My boss was a journalism major and also has about 20 years experience in marketing. So this morning we went over a newsletter that's in progress and she gave me lessons in writing headlines. I really learned a lot.

Still a long way to go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm the producer for MKEonline, the Web site for the Milwaukee free weekly MKE. We run a weekly blog poll on our site of some of the best Milwaukee-based blogs. As you might guess, you're in it this week. The voting page is at http://www.mkeonline.com/people/blogcontest.asp. If you have any questions, e-mail me at webmaster@mkeonline.com.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

How cool. Thanks.