Wednesday, August 31, 2005

8/31 Food

Here’s the menu from the party on the yacht (8/29). No wonder I gained weight. Since there weren’t a ton of vegetarian options, I ate a lot of caramel pecan brie, chocolate and pineapple upside down cake. Yum. Oh, and normally I drink one or two beers and that’s it. I think I built up a tolerance because I drank two cosmos on the boat and two ladykillers at Joanne’s house afterward. Yum again. (I wasn’t driving.)

The party menu: Tropical Pineapple Palm Tree Fruit Display - Cascading Mixed Fruits Displayed in Shell Bowls Served with a Rum Dipping Sauce; Warm Caramel Pecan Brie
Tray Passed Hors d’oeuvres Smoked Turkey Radicchio Rolls; Crab Cakes Served with Mango & Papaya Salsa
Exhibition Station Coconut Shrimp
DINNER Fresh Papaya Spinach Salad With Gorgonzola Cheese and Walnuts; Broccoli Bacon Salad; Caribbean Chicken With Spinach and Goat Cheese in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce; Shredded (Pulled) Kahlua Pork; Jasmine Rice With Dried Cherries and Fresh Cilantro; Chili Relleno Quiche
Exhibition Station Fried Plaintains; Assorted Breads and Butter including Cuban Bread, Banana and Zucchini Breads, Cornbread Muffins and Pineapple-Coconut Muffins
Desserts Pineapple Upside Down Cake; and of course the chocolate fondue

Coffee Service Buffet

The entire 10 days were superb. Usually at the end of a vacation I want to come home, this time I didn’t. I could have stayed in SoCal for a long time.

No comments: