Friday, March 24, 2006

3/24 They're gone...

Yesterday was a wonderful day, with one huge exception. I dropped off Rob and Beata at O'Hare yesterday afternoon. The good news is that I'll see Beatka in NYC on April 1, so that is a great consolation.

But the rest of the day was ace! They slept in, so I got some work done. Then we went to Q-Doba and Starbucks for our lunch. It's just a few blocks from work, so we stopped there after lunch. It was great fun "showing them off."

Then to Chicago where the aforementioned downer happened. They looked so beautiful and hopeful--excited for the next phase of the adventure. Today they're getting their mobile phones and beginning the search for a house.

I miss them, yet it's nice to be "back to normal" in my little condo.

After I left O'Hare I went to Chicago's north side, to Wrigleyville. Sat in a diner for more than two hours, doing some editing, so that was very productive. Then my friends arrived from Milwaukee and we saw two great improv shows at I.O. (formerly Improv Olympics).

Sirens and Ragdolls are two all-female improv troupes and they definitely provided us a lot of entertainment. Anne and MJ stayed for the late show, but Mel and I had to leave earlier. We're the ones who had to get up early today. The ride back was snow-filled at spots, but I really enjoyed the conversation and the drive.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how we, as mom's, never tire of wanting to 'show off our babies'. I think that was why I was so disappointed the boys had to go back to school and missed seeing Rob and Beata....I just wanted to show off my, now, grown up babies! I just hope that I get as lucky as you have when they marry...I would love to have a
d-i-l as sweet and beautiful as Beata. I hope you will keep us posted on their progress in NC until they are back on line.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

They were supposed to be in a hotel last night, and should have moved into a temporary housing arrangement on post today. And they promised to have their cell phones today, so I'm waiting to hear about that.

Yes, I totally understand your disappointment about your boys being gone. Rob would be so surprised at how grown up they are. He was sure amazed at Nate.

Yep, I'm one lucky bug that Beata married Rob--she's a great d-i-l.

anne frasier said...

okay, i guess i missed something as i blasted through blogland. i thought rob and beata were moving to milwaukee. but it's North Carolina? i'm a little slow...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Oops. :) Guess you did miss something. Even though they're in NC, they're still a hell of a lot closer than Okinawa. Jer

Beata said...

Aunt Cindy and Mom, you guys are just too sweet! I am the lucky one to have a family who loves me that much! I can't forget the wonderful stay in Chicago, Quincy and Milwaukee. I miss you guys! :-)

Hi Anne! It's really confusing with Jer's blog. You should just go ahead and start reading mine! ;-)))))

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Anne will read yours if you read hers, Beata. :)

anne, I bought your latest book. Can't wait to read it. Loved the first ones.

anne frasier said...

beata, i will have to check out your blog!

jer, good luck with the book! some people hated it. and i'm not just talking crazy amazon reviewers.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I'll let you know, Anne. I'm sure I'll like it.