Wednesday, November 29, 2006

11/29 Beans and more....

Beata met me at the airport and the drive home was lovely. It was around 72 degrees and sunny--can't beat that.

For dinner Bea made black-eyed peas and corn bread. We put raw onions on top of the beans. Oh my it was delicious. But being Europoean, Bea puts butter in everything. And trust me, everything tastes wonderful. But it adds about one million calories to each dish. I'm not complaining, because WOW--dishes taste superb.

Just wanted you to know why I haven't lost weight yet. Yes, I'm blaming my charming daughter-in-law. Couldn't possibly be the fact that I ate three helpings of the dish. Nope. It's all Beatka's fault.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe Beata eats that much butter....she is so skinny...maybe I should go on a European diet! Might work???

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Well, her secret is the same as Jan's...she doesn't overeat. :) Wish I could say the same. Ah well, I'm working on it. Yesterday I started writing down everything I ate. So it's really hitting me that I don't do well at portion control.

Beata said...

Mom, you can blame as long as it makes you feel good. I am happy that you like my food! :-)
Aunt Cindy, I do eat everything, whatever I want to, and without looking at the calorie counts. But you have to eat small portions, and pretty often. And also all of the fresh and full products are much better than anything "fat-free" and "sugar-free", yuck! All the artificial crap is bad for you, believe me. Enjoy your meals,instead of thinking how bad that was what you just ate. Mentally it has some affect on your body too. And don't go and sit right after a big meal. Go and do something light, like folding the laundry, or clean the tables and stuff like that.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thank you, sweetie. :)