Tuesday, January 30, 2007

1/30 A nighttime adventure

...but not a fun one.

I was lying in bed and started sneezing, almost uncontrollably. Took some meds, but nothing helped. I was congested, coughing, hot, and sneezing. Just miserable. Since I hardly ever get a cold or the flu, I was sure it wasn't sickness. Plus it happened so fast, going from zero to 60 in a matter of minutes.

Then it hit me! I'd bought some cheap detergent and fabric softener, trying to economize. And yesterday I washed my sheets.

So I put my sheets through a warm rinse and dried them. Although it was a little better, it still wasn't quite enough. So I put my bedspread on the bed, and placed my old poncho liner on it; then covered with my brand new poncho liner (that R and B gave me for Christmas). I was very comfortable surrounded by those silky covers. It took a long time for the symptoms to finally go away, but when they did I was in heaven.

Guess I'll have to take a nap today. Plus buy some fragrance free detergent and fabric softener.

No comments: