Sunday, January 07, 2007

1/7 More on traveling

I finally landed in Austin and am at a lovely La Quinta Inn. All the rooms are mini-suites with free high-speed internet and so I'm very pleased.

At the Raleigh Airport I started talking to a few people. The man sitting next to me was an attorney from Austin. He asked why I was traveling there. I said, "For business." He asked if I was familiar with Lutheran Social Services. My jaw dropped, and I told him I was going there for a job interview. He knows all the execs there, including my acquaintance Betsy. Amazingly small world, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

careful,I think he's a mole.....

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yeah, Cin. And I hope I didn't say anything stupid. Aw hell, I know I did--Bozarth blood.

Anonymous said...

No, I think Jer is the plant. She is not even Lutheran!! :)

Steve

PS Someone said Luther was a good Catholic at one time! :)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Steve, you are a silly, silly man. (And I'm glad you're my friend.)