Tuesday, January 08, 2008

1/8 Smart dogs

at least some of the time. Cookie is stalking a fly, and the fly is hiding behind the blinds. Every time he comes out, Cookie goes after him. She caught one yesterday. (Yes, that's how warm it's been. I've seen two flies.)

So that isn't what's smart. Like most sisters Cookie and Quincy fight a lot, but they also fall asleep on top of each other (not like most sisters). So they do like each other, but they fight a lot.

Both of them have special tricks they pull on the other one. Cookie will get a toy that Q loves, and lie on the floor with the toy between her front paws. (Oh, now Quincy has taken over the fly stalking.) Then she'll act like she's not interested in it, will look away, and even pretend to be sleeping. As soon as Q comes to get the toy, C takes off with the toy in her mouth. And she's much quicker than Quincy. I swear I can hear her laughing.

But Q gets her back. When Cookie has a toy Quincy wants and can't get, she goes to the door so I'll let her out. I'll open the back door and both dogs will go out. Quincy immediately turns around, comes back in and gets Cookie's toy. I swear I can hear her laughing too.

At least they both keep me amused--when I'm not yelling at them to stop fighting.

No comments: