Tuesday, July 07, 2009

7/7 The good and bad

It's been wonderful seeing our old friend, Ron Johnson, these past few days. He, Tim, and Phil were army buddies, stationed together in Hawaii. Ron knew Robbie really well as a little guy, because after I had major surgery Phil had to go to the field and Ron came back to Hawaii and took care of Robbie (and me) until Phil got back.

Plus he was instrumental in us getting Jill. There's a longer story there that I'll save for another time. He's a great guy.

Just returned from Tiramisu where Jan, Tim, Ron, Uncle Bill and I had dinner. Delicioso!

Tonight's article is Michael Jackson media coverage: Stick a fork in it, it's done.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Wow!!! I can't believe it! I actually didn't know all that. Wish I could have seen him. I don't think I would recognize him, but I remember him.

Jill and Todd said...

I got the "good" in your post, what was the "bad"?

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I had decided not to post it and forgot to change the title. :(

Cindy said...

If he played ANY part in getting Jill into our lives he IS a great guy. I've never met him, but I sure can't imagine life without Jill and her kiddos! As for taking care of little Robbie---Do they award some kind of battle metal for that?