Monday, March 05, 2007

3/5 Back at the hotel

Just returned from a very pleasant dinner at a Japanese restaurant. John (the guy I'm replacing) invited some managers to join us, and it was fun AND delicious.

The day went by quickly. There are so many appointments, meetings, and meals between now and when John leaves. Lots of things are on weekends and in the evening, but as things progress I'll be able to take time off during the week to make up for it.

My office is really nice. The whole place is nice, but because it's so new it hasn't been decorated yet. That will be fun to work on with other staff.

Gotta run. Have more clothes to unpack.

8 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Glad you had a good first day. Sounds like you will be kept pretty busy. Love you.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yep, but maybe it will keep me out of trouble. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, you'll have to bring your frog art so you can start the decorating off right.

Glad you had a great first day, mom. Enjoy...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Rob, I was really upset today when I realized that my frog is still hanging on the bedroom wall at your house. (Jill, it's the one you brought from your honeymoon ten years ago.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start with the job! I hope you find a place to live so your frog collection will be happy.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yeah, me too, Andrea. :)

Anonymous said...

YaY for adventure!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

And there's more to come, as soon as I make time to blog. :)