Thursday, April 12, 2007

4/12 Great news!

Yesterday, Paula, my agent called and said, "Good news, you can move in the house." I had to sign rental papers since we didn't know yet about the closing. She'd told the seller's agent that my moving van was driving in circles trying to decide whether they would unload at the house or at a storage place.

It was probably one of the most stressful days of my life. And the rent is just awful. BUT I'll get it back at closing. They are so sweet after all.

The woman returned to Milwaukee from Mexico and they are closing today at 4. We're closing tomorrow afternoon.

I've been praying a lot--even saying that I'm okay if it doesn't go through. Yet I really love this little house. It's just perfect for me, except for that dratted small living room. Plus the doors are narrow and we couldn't get my sofa bed into a spare room. So it's stuffed in the living room with other stuff. And they did damage to my house and sofa even getting it in there. Guess I never thought to measure doors, huh?

But that is small small small compared to how happy I am. Quincy seems to love it too. There's certainly a lot more room than in the RV. Right now I'm in the RV getting the last of my stuff. I'll return tonight to watch Survivor. :) Really I'm going to return to clean the place because it's being moved tomorrow to Camp Biloxi so Maria, the Case Management Director can move into it. It's a very nice RV. But I'll be thrilled to be surrounded by my own "stuff."

Paula gave me a housewarming gift--a very nice microwave. I really needed one since there's no built in. A perfect present.

More later. Gotta run.

6 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

I'm so happy for you mom. Great news!!!! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Jer,

I am so happy for you. Welcome home!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mom, I had no idea what was going on with you and all the house problems until Rob told me. I am sorry for not reading your blog lately, but I just had no time. I just now updated mine! :-) I am happy that the stress is over and eveyrthing ended well. I am so happy for you! I can only imagine what you went through, poor Mom. I am also excited for you, with the house, the furniture, the job, and.... the CUTE puppy that doesn't pee at home! Unbelivable! Good little girl... (not you Mom--Quincy!) Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

great news. send more pictures when you are able. I bet Quincy will be happy there.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything finally worked out, mom! Love you so much.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks everyone. I love you all so much. (Yeah, you too, David.) And Bea, I spoke to soon on the housetrained puppy. :) Will post a new blog ASAP.