Sunday, April 22, 2007

4/22 Bite me!

Yeah, that's what Q keeps doing. She thinks I'm a giant chew toy and teething ring. It'll be nice when she gets rid of all her razor-sharp baby teeth.

We went out for breakfast yesterday. I sat outside so Quincy could be with me. It was not a very relaxing meal because every single person had to stop and play with her. It's great to have a beautiful and friendly dog, but I don't get any privacy when I'm out. Is this what it's like to be a celebrity? :)

Right now she's attacking the doorstop. She found out that they move when touched so every doorstop in the house has become a toy. I've had to take off the little white rubber ends because she takes those off and chews on them. I'll put them back on when she loses interest. IF she loses interest.

This morning we walked around the circle (a block or so). This was the longest she ever walked without stopping. Felt like it was a big deal.

Have lots of LSSDR work to do today so need to get going....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom,

Tell Quincy to stop biting. If need be, explain other non-violent ways of expressing how she feels and then model a few of those techniques for her. If that doesn't work, let me know. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

You're welcome.

(I'm so tired of having all the answers. It's become a burden...)

Rob

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

So you mean if I stop biting her, she'll stop biting me?

It's great having such a brilliant son.

Anonymous said...

Rob is as funny as Beata! Perfect match. Hang in there, Jer. This too will pass. Remember when Rob was chewing on the doorstops? He cut it out eventually... right?

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Don't encourage him, Nancie. :) And you're pretty darn funny yourself.