Saturday, April 14, 2007

4/14 Spoke too soon

The puppy had several accidents in the house. And we have such a nice big yard. Guess it was too good to be true.

Closed on the house yesterday. (Thank you, God.) I am thrilled beyond belief in my little nest. Quincy loves it too. She has a huge crate that she can grow into, and sleeps in there at night and when I'm away for a while. So far I haven't left her for more than a few hours. What a blessing that she can come to work with me occasionally.

Next week I'm in Albuquerque on business and she'll be in a kennel. Makes me sad, but I know I'll have a good time.

Just took a pair of pants to Kim's Alterations because a seam had unraveled and she charged me one dollar. I love this place.

Thunderstorms and tornadoes are everywhere so I can't stay on long. Unfortunately we have a celebration barbeque in 45 minutes. I'm afraid that it's going to be an indoor event. But that's okay. As long as the tent doesn't blow away, we'll be fine. It's to celebrate a big undertaking with Habitat for Humanity International. We'll be working on a big project with them for two years and it's awesome. So many people will be served, and that's what it's all about.

Am in my office because, although my DSL is turned on at home, my equipment is outdated. (Oh, my brothers would have a field day with that line.) UPS won't deliver until Monday and of course I'm out of town. Bad timing on my part, but that's life.

Next on my agenda at home--besides putting stuff away--is getting a fence and getting someone to work on my lawn. It looks like it's been sodded but is very uneven and mostly weeds. There's also a big fire ant hill in the yard and they'd kill Quincy if she ever got into the hill.

That's it. The storm's here. Love to everyone.

3 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

I guess Quincy knows it's her house now. Glad everything has worked out and you closed the deal. Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Quincy will be house-broken soon enough. Yeah, make sure you get that anthill taken care of. That could get out of control and really be a pain to both of you.

Sounds like you're nice and busy. Keep up the good work. I'm so glad things worked out.

Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I'm happy BUT not happy about leaving for a week. Will have to get the lawn taken care of upon my return. The fence too. But it'll happen. Am at a coffee house signing on quickly while Q is sleeping in the car. It's really cold outside so don't want to sit outside with her. She's sawing some zzzz's anyway. Love you guys.