Friday, March 18, 2005

3/18 Friday at last

This week has been brutal. (Have I used that expression already? I'll have to check.) The earliest I've gone home this week is 6 PM, and the latest is 7 PM. Don't know how late I'll be here tonight. I'm taking a break to write this while I'm eating cake. Yep, cake.

Today we had so many fun things going on here. I took a short break to celebrate the imminent birth of a co-worker's first baby. We all gave him advice and it was hilarious. Had some cake there.

For lunch we celebrated a co-worker getting sworn in as a lawyer. The owner bought pizza, salad, and garlic bread. I grabbed lunch and high-tailed it back here to my office to work while I ate. (Any wonder I got indigestion right afterward.)

Then they just announced that there's a cake in the lunchroom for the same guy. I saw people from my department going, and I yelled through my closed door, "Are you guys going for more cake?" The three (thin) women all said Yes, so I went too. This is another night when I won't need to make dinner. Fine with me. I've got tons to do at home too.

I have to do my laundry, pack and straighten up my place. The cleaner is coming tomorrow so I have to put junk away so she has room to clean. I should have been doing a little each night, but I've been so drained by the time I get home, that I've just plopped.

Tomorrow morning I leave for that business trip to Michigan. Even though, on these site visits, you tend to work around 12 hours each day, it will still be a reduction in stress, because that's all I'm going to have to worry about.

That is--if I get other things done today. So back to work I go.

No comments: