Saturday, September 17, 2005

9/17 Worked hard

So busy tonight at CSz. The 7:30 show was sold out (about 180) and the 10 show had about 100 people. I earned my money tonight. Dick stayed to help out with the 7:30 show...answered the phone and took reservations while I dealt with the crowd picking up their tickets, and the groups of 20 or 30 who wanted to pay individually. The 10 didn't look all that busy when he left, but we had tons of walk-ins. And in the middle of it all someone came in to buy a gift certificate--and the stupid printer wouldn't work. We had to just write one out and that will probably mess with the bookkeeping.

Then one of the bachelorette parties took an inordinate amount of time because they thought "it was stupid" that they couldn't wear condoms on their heads and carry in penis toys. I reminded them it was a family friendly show, and one of them said, "That's really stupid. Kids should be in bed." I said that some adults appreciate we're a family friendly show as well. There was a woman standing there with another bachelorette party (her daughter's) and she nodded. Later she thanked me for saying something.

When Dick first told me I had to gather all the inappropriate items and keep them behind the counter or ask the person to take them to his/her car, I thought it would be no big deal. But almost everything is a big deal when someone is drunk. (Not me, the customer.) Most people are nice and tend to understand. The bride in question tonight did. She kept saying, "It's no big deal."

But I really deserved my free after-shift drink tonight.

No comments: