Monday, September 26, 2005

9/26 What fun!!

Yesterday we worked in the afternoon at the agency, reading files. Then last night we (five out of six surveyors, and five of my friends) went to CSz. They were performing at the Improv. We ten were the only ones there until 2 or 3 others came in. But we enjoyed the show. It was fun seeing Caprice, Stephanie, and Rory again.

Afterward we went to Hell's Kitchen. That's the area of NYC where West Side Story was filmed. But it's getting pretty darn trendy. DF recommended this Chinese restaurant. It was absolutely delicious. Imagine 10 of us eating family style. Great fun. And D's wife is Chinese Canadian...he said she would approve of the place. High praise indeed.

We took the subway back to the hotel. I was tired by then. But D walked all the way back and even stopped at the Festival of San Gennaro. What energy. Those Canadians. :)

This morning we met at 8 AM and took a van to the agency in Brooklyn. We worked hard all day, at least when we weren't eating. Oh my, they fed us--way too well. By 6 we were ready to go though. And we walked down the promenade to Grimmaldi's for dinner. A great pizza place recommended again by DF. He is 2 for 2. I called him and asked him for a recommendation for tomorrow night--we want it close to the hotel, inexpensive and delicious. I don't think that's too much to ask do you?

Lots of work to do, but I'm sure enjoying the company, and the food. And found out that I could borrow a wireless card from the front desk, so I'm happily typing from my room instead of at the public computer in the club room. Yay!

3 comments:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Sorry, everyone, but I'm getting so much comment spam that I had to install the word verification tool. In order to post a comment you need to fill in the word that's posted. You'll know what I mean once you try it. Then the spammers will not be able to comment.

Bron said...

how was the match?

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It was interesting. :) The players were talented, funny and energetic. We were almost the only ones there, so that was a little odd. But all teams have been through that at one time or another. I'm glad we were there.

Everyone was very welcoming.