Thursday, September 14, 2006

9/14 American Red Cross decisions...

The Red Cross called yesterday and made me the official offer and needed an answer and a start date. I told them yes because I really want this to work. But I still haven't heard if the job restructuring thing is going to work at my current job. Sure hope so.

Am totally enjoying my time with the grandkids and Jill. Yesterday I had Hunter all day and it was great. We played and watched movies. Picked up Kayla from school and went to Chuck E. Cheese for a late lunch and lots of playtime. It's one of my favorite things to do with them.

I got a rental car for only $96 for the whole week. How cheap is that? Pretty darn cheap, right? Well, it's a little Chevy--no problem. But the windows are manual, as are the locks. Never realized how very spoiled I am! Just hate not having electronic locks and windows. Still--$96 per week makes it palatable.

There are horrible fires several miles behind Jill and Todd's place. Fire departments are here from all over California. (Bet the Red Cross is working too.) Because of the smoke, the kids didn't have soccer practice last night, and at school Kayla takes recess in the multi-purpose room rather than outside. Hope they get the fires contained soon.

I got up early and took Kayla to school. Jill's off from her regular job today, but is at the gym coaching gymnastics. H is watching The Land Before Time, and I've been doing some work on the computer. It's a nice, relaxed day so far (not even 9 AM yet).

Tomorrow I go to Long Beach to the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. It'll be an exhausting, but rewarding weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your comedy gig the night before and congrats on accepting your new job!! I'm confident your current job will work with you on this one. Tell Jill and family we are thinking of them. I saw on the news about the fires and Castaic was the city mentioned. I hope they aren't in any danger!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Kelly. Jill said the fire is about 8 miles from their house, so we are doing fine. We sure see lots of fire engines and fire fighters though, from all over the state.

Jill and Todd said...

It's been great having you with us these past couple of days. The kids will sure miss grandma until the next visit. Love you tons mom!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Damn. You made me cry, Jill. I'm sitting at your computer, thinking that I really should get my shower and get packing, and here's this sweet message from you. Love you. Thanks for everything. (Kayla and I played Whack A Mole and Candyland after you and Hunter left this morning. It was a great way to end the visit.)

I'll try to sign on tonight from the motel. Tomorrow night though I'll be in a tent. :) But I can still check email with my phone. Hooray for that! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck this weekend, Jer. Glad you and the kids had such a good visit.

Karen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Karen. See you soon!