Thursday, October 12, 2006

10/12 I cried again

Today I received a gorgeous, GORGEOUS bunch of flowers. I don't even know what they are, but they're white, and red (magenta), yellow, and they're buds so will open into something even more beautiful. They're from my friend Bill and his partner. Bill is about my best friend at work, and I've known him for years. He felt bad that he's out on the road (in Seattle) and wouldn't make it back for my last day.

Of course the way he and I travel, we'll be sure to meet on the road somewhere. If I can get a picture of the flowers, I will.

Must mention last night...on the way home from rehearsal at 10 PM, I drove through a snowstorm. Not just the snow showers we were supposed to get, but an actual snow storm. Of course none of it stuck, but it was still glorious to drive through. I'm not ready for winter yet, but it was magical.

4 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Sounds like the best kind of snow... enjoy the beauty, but don't have to worry about drinving through all the mess afterwards. Hopefully you will be in NC before any major storms. Don't want you to have to worry about driving down through any major weather. Love you.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Ditto. Driving in mid November should be okay, at least I hope so. Although some parts of the Smokies might be a bit snowy. We'll see...

Beata said...

I AM JEALOUS!!!! (about the snow)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Oh there will be plenty of that. I love snow too.