Friday, January 14, 2005

1/14 Couple of good things

First of all it's payday. That's always a good thing.

Secondly, I got a letter from my doc and it was all good. My cholesterol is down, but good cholesterol is up. And the fun news is that they did a bone density scan. She gave me figures, but I forgot them. But she said they measure bone density against a 25 year old. And mine is BETTER than a 25 year old. Hooray! No osteoporosis for me.

I remember as a kid seeing old ladies in church with what they called a widow's hump. All hunched over with a big hump on their back. This isn't common anymore because people drink milk, food is fortified with calcium and we take calcium tablets. But it was very common when I was in grade school.

So that's what I was thinking about when they took the scan. And that's why I'm so happy about the results.

4 comments:

Diva! said...

Yay Jer! I hope I get the thumbs up this month. Rawk on!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Marta, whatever thumbs up you're looking for, I hope you get it. Jer

Bron said...

yikes... the closest I get to calcium is cheese

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Well, eat a lot of cheese then! :) Jer