Tuesday, January 18, 2005

1/18 Hernia

Hooray! I have a hernia. Compared to what I was scared of--hell, this is an absolute joy!

Right below my breast bone is a big lump, and it hurts. Today I found out it's a hernia and that it will stop hurting as soon as we take care of my stomach acid. So no coffee, alcohol, chocolate, or anything caffeinated. (NO CHOCOLATE???? My heart yearns for it suddenly.)

But I'm definitely celebrating. Yes, it still hurts, but it's going to get better and I'll be back to my old self.

I can't even give words to my happiness. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not a worrier. Never have been. The past few weeks--I've worried. It started out as concern, but blossomed into full-blown neurosis. A veritable cornucopia of worry. And now it's gone. And I'm smiling.

And I'm going to class tonight. And I'm going to eat ice cream.

Vanilla.

4 comments:

Bron said...

YAY!! Jer has a hernia!!!!!!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yay! Bron's happy for me.

I think I'll name my hernia Marlon, no--Rhonda, no--Ichobod, no-- oooohhh, I'll think of something.

Diva! said...

Congrats?? I hope things work out sooner than later with minimal pain!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Marta. Hope things work out for you too.

I think I've come up with a name for my hernia. I'm calling it Bud.